Monday, January 31, 2011
Last night I made spanakopita for dinners. Something delicious.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 package (16oz) chopped spinach (thawed and drained)
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 cup parsley, minced
1/2 package of drained and pressed firm tofu.
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
Filo dough (thawed well in advance)
1 cup margarine, melted
1. Begin by sauteing onions and garlic.
2. Add parlsey, saute another minute
3. Add spinach, and lower temperature.
4. While spinach is cooking, crumble tofu by pressing it with a fork.
5. Add salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast to the tofu.
6. Turn off heat to spinach and mix in the tofu mixture. preheat oven to 400F
7. in a casserole dish, place the first sheet of filo dough, brush on margarine, repeat for 3 layers.
8. Add half of the spinach mixture.
9. Add three more layers of filo dough/margarine.
10. add the rest of the spinach mixture.
11. Add final 3 layers of filo dough/margarine.
12. Cook for ~20 minutes or until filo dough is golden and crispy.