Wednesday, March 16, 2011

resolve

I'm back after a long hiatus. Dating a non-vegan has meant that I haven't been cooking much because I don't know how/don't want to cook meat, and he wants it. That means we eat out a lot, and my body is REALLY unhappy with that. I feel gross because I know that everything I'm consuming is loaded with fat and salt, and I've decided I can't live like this. I reminded myself today that I love to cook and live vegan, and I've resolved to make my diet a priority once again. No more meals out. No more compromising on what I know is good for me. Which means more whole foods. More healthy options. On this week's menu we have: coconut BLTs, tacos (boring, but so yummy), broccoli pesto quinoa, real fresh pesto pizza with tomatoes and kale (and maybe egg plant), and as always lots of kale and watercress salad yummyness. I'm packing myself snacks too like I did last semester so that I'm not tempted to get a cupcake as a snack. I will also be going back to eating fruit for breakfast and hitting the gym/the street before heading to work. No more excuses.

I'm ordering myself copies of Skinny Bitch and The China Study so that I can remind myself why I'm doing this. I'm going to watch Dr. Neal Barnards lectures again, too. It's easy to forget that I'm doing what's best for my body when the people closest to me make me question the validity of my choice. This is the healthiest thing, and I will keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment